Many of my website visitors and clients are familiar with the Customized Eating Guidelines (CEG) I offer. The CEG is based on a complex of individual factors to determine which foods are right for you. You fill out a simple questionnaire which gives me the information that I input into the FoodPharmacy™ software.
Now, in addition to the basic questionnaire, I also offer a more extensive METABOLIC TYPING evaluation that can go even further to determine very accurately how you as an individual metabolize foods - and most importantly, it shows which particular foods will help balance your metabolism.
As a specialized scientific discipline, Metabolic Typing is the culmination of 70 years of pioneering research on the part of many of the century’s most innovative nutritional researchers.
This is very helpful especially for people who have chronic health issues and significant metabolic issues such as weight problems or diabetes. The Metabolic Typing (I refer to it as “MT“) evaluation would also confirm your basic body/endocrine type, all important factors in determining which diet is best for you.
HOW IT WORKS
All metabolic processes are regulated by a handful of fundamental “homeostatic controls” – mechanisms that maintain metabolic balance. The two primary controls are the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) and the Oxidative System. In each person, generally one system is more dominant than the other. This dominance is seen in healthy people.
Within the dominant system, there are two opposing yet complementary aspects, and when people are out of balance, one of those is more dominant:
- If you are an ANS type, you may be more Parasympathetic or Sympathetic
- If you are an Oxidative type, you may be a Fast Oxidizer or a Slow Oxidizer.
Metabolic Typing determines which system is dominant for you, and within that system, which side is being overstimulated and needs to be balanced by strengthening the opposite side.
The Metabolic Typing evaluaton reveals:
- Your Metabolic Type - to be factored into the software I use to create each person’s Customized Eating Guidelines
- Your Endocrine/Body Type - which is especially helpful to factor in when there are weight problems or endocrine imbalances
- A list of supplements that have been designed specifically for correcting the person’s underlying metabolic imbalances
When this information is then input into the FoodPharmacy ™ software, in preparing your Customized Eating Guidelines, your food chart reflects those foods that will stimulate, strengthen and support the metabolic function that is weak, which will balance the function that is overactive.
William Wolcott is the author of The Metabolic Typing Diet, and the founder of HealthExcel. You can read more about MT on the Healthexcel website: www.metabolictypingonline.com
- I am set up as a practitioner with Healthexcel. I offer my Guide for Self-Healing clients who order MT from me the exact same MT questionnaire analyzed by Healthexcel.
- I charge $35 for the MT questionnaire which is analyzed by Healthexcel. This is $5 less than ordering from Healthexcel directly. The questionnaire takes about a half hour to fill out.
- Go to www.guideforselfhealing.com/ordering to order the MT assessment in addition to the CEG, and I will send you the links to the questionnaires to fill out.
- After I receive your results from Healthexcel, I forward them to you. Then I use those results in creating your CEG (food chart). If you already have a food chart, I can modify it accordingly.
- If you’d rather not do the MT, I can go ahead and design your CEG based on your blood type, body type and health issues, which will be an excellent first step to getting on a healthier diet.
Please note: If you’re interested in the MT assessment, I highly recommend getting the full online assessment here. Trying to figure out your metabolic type from books or articles can result in inaccuracies.
Doing the full MT assessment to provide a very precise Customized Eating Guidelines package is really not as complicated as it may sound, and has been a very rewarding experience for many of my clients.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
To your health,